Location : Puri District Of Odisha
Apply by : 22nd Feb, 2023
Job Title : Program Manager- DRR
Location : Puri District Of Odisha
Organization Information: AJSA is a non-government organisation based in the eastern Indian state of Odisha. Facilitating community development initiatives since 1989, The organisation has been working towards the root cause of Poverty and eliminating social injustice and for the down trodden and under privileged section in the remotest part of the country. It is a non-political, community based social development organization involved in sustainable development initiatives since inception.
AJSA has been working for the socio-economic development of small and marginal farmers, landless labor, agricultural labor, bonded labor as well as women, children and other weaker deprived sections of the society. The spheres of its work are governed by issues related to livelihood security, health, education, Climate change adaptation and Disaster Risk Reduction etc.
- Primary role of the position:
Facilitate and accompany the Project staff to implement DRR programs in line with organizational norms and standards.
Other Roles: Responsibilities/Activities
Provides direct technical support and advice to program team, particularly on implementation of Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR) and Disaster Resilient livelihood programs;
- Facilitating team in terms of technical inputs to improve the program quality and promote human dignity of the poor & marginalized.
- Strengthening the quality research in the sustainable livelihood programmes to strengthen the further improvement in the project.
- Provides support for the development of written proposals, technical materials and resources for Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR) and Resilience programs or projects with particular attention to gender equality, food security, integrated water resources management, environmental sustainability.
- Supports the design and implementation of capacity development plans, measuring changes or improvements in capacity to apply resilience approaches to Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR) programs;
- Contributes to the design and development of funding proposals for evidence-based, innovative approaches to emergency response and resilience programming; and,
- Liaises with resilience networks, academic, research institutions and other Key stakeholders.
- Ensuring the optimal and effective use of the Organization’s resources by partnering with intermediary organizations in extending support and facilitation and advocating for the rights of the people.
- Enhancing the visibility of the Organization through strengthening linkages and networking of the Organization & Partners with government departments and other development agencies for leveraging fund and providing technical support.
He/she will directly report to the Secretary AJSA
Participation in some of the review meetings & provide guidance for the improvement of the project.
2.2 With Government Officials:
• Technical and convergence related support for the project (on request/based on suggestions meetings)
• Participation in concerned meeting being organized by the Organization, project partners,
• Actively participate in the project planning and implementation
• Motivating others to be the part of it
• Develop ownership for the project
3. Functional Skills & Knowledge
The Candidates should have:
- Work experience in Disaster Management/DRR.
- Work experience in preparedness, relief, rehabilitation and logistic.
- Skills in preparation of project proposals, monitoring, execution, information, communications, networking, evaluation, reporting, budgeting, training and capacity building.
- Ability to coordinate with Govt. officials, NGOs, volunteers and Mass Media for effective disaster management.
- Excellent knowledge in computers (Windows, MS- Word, MS- Excel, Internet etc.)
- Excellent Speaking/writing skills in English languages and Odiya
- Knowledge on Community Based Disaster Risk Reduction Programme.
- Skills in relation to the facilitating institutional development and organizational change.
- Understanding opportunities and constraints for sustainable development.
- Knowledge on Human Resource Development.
- Coordination skills to engage with district administration, community level organizations and volunteers.
- Knowledge on fund raising.
- Post Graduate in Social Work/ Social Science or Disaster Management
- Experience :
- Minimum 3-4 yrs. of relevant working experience at the field level particularly in the area of Disaster Reduction and Resilience Building Programs.
- 2 years of professional experience designing and implementing resilience and disaster risk reduction programs for international non-profit humanitarian and/or non-governmental organizations. Prior experience of working with the government is essential, especially at the state/ district level
• In depth understanding of Disaster Risk Management, CBDRR processes, community led advocacy, and participatory/ action research
- Location – Puri district of Odisha.
40,000 INR Per Month, Salary shall be increased based on the performance of the candidate.
How to Apply-
Interested applicants are requested to send their CV along with a cover letter, by mentioning the subject line- Application_ Programme Manager AJSA to email@example.com, on or before 22nd February 2023. Applications received after the closing date will not be accepted. We are committed to maintaining our balanced gender distribution and therefore female candidates are encouraged to apply.
NOTE : Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.